The Law Office of Jeffrey Esser offers flat fee arrangement for uncontested divorces. For a fixed price of attorney fees, I will personally handle your divorce from the initial consultation to the final judgment for divorce. You can read more about how the process works here.
Included in the flat fee, I will:
- provide an initial in-person consultation
- answer any and all questions and provide guidance through the entire process
- negotiate the Settlement Agreement with your spouse or their attorney
- draft and revise all required documents
- file all documents with the court — so you will only need appear at the courthouse once
- represent you in person at the final court date
- purchase, certify, and file the transcript of the court proceeding
The following are not included in the flat fee:
- court fees — they usually range between $580-600 in Cook County
- court appearances except for the final court date (additional court appearances will only be needed if the divorce becomes contested)
- dividing retirement accounts using a QDRO (401Ks, pensions) — additional attorney fees may apply depending on the complexity
- transferring title on real estate after the divorce. There may be an additional attorney fees and transfer taxes may apply.
For uncontested divorces in Cook County, I charge a flat fee starting at $500 based on the complexities of property or children involved. Call me at 312-564-5743 for a free 30-minute consultation.